Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm Not Lazy I Just Like Video Games

I just wanted everyone to know that I am set out on a very important task right now, I'm not just playing video games all day. I got into a random conversation with a girl about her statement that "there has never been a bad sports movie made, ever." Think about every sports movie you've ever seen...was it bad?

After a few minutes of arguing and thoughts, this conversation switched to how many sports movies we could name...we collectively came up with 58 movies. That's pretty f'ing impressive. It took us about a half an hour to come up with most of them and some random texts to chime in on a few more and then we cheated and checked some of the movies we missed (White Men Can't Jump was probably the most embarassing one) . Either way, I'm currently in the process of making Iversen's TOP 50 sports movies. There's going to be some surprises, mainly because I appreciate humor more than the next person. However, this whole list and complete story will be up sometime this weekend or early next week.

UPDATE: TOP 50 sports movie is rarely done...top ten yes, top 25, ok...top 50, must make honest effort to see all of them

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill Simmons is already doing this. Sorry..


-Vince

P.S. Link our blog asshole.

Anonymous said...

My apologies regarding the "p.s" in my last post i didn't realize you already linked our blog.


-Vince

Anonymous said...

the correct phrase is that bill simmons has already done this. I have to get someone to read one of our blogs considering yours is entirely about browns football...

Anonymous said...

p.s. this is iversen's top 50 not boston's top 50

Anonymous said...

Please leave Juwanna Mann off the list. If needed, I will protest to get Ace Ventura on the list... Einhorn is Finkle.

Anonymous said...

There's a couple of clauses that force me to leave ace ventura pet detective off of the list...I will explain everything thoroughly when the post is up...holla

Iversen

The Dawg Staph said...

Its only about Browns football now, wait until the off season and stuff. Big stuff in the works let me tell you...(Cavs and Indians). I also think Escape from LA should be on the list because Kurt Russell one, he plays basketball, surfs, and flies a hang glider in it.
Another suggestion:
Airborne a movie about rollerblading!!