Wednesday, August 6, 2008

On Vacation


So, I might have picked the worst time to revitalize the old blogging thing considering I'm on vacation. I have a few minutes right now though so let me blah blah about life right now...

Before I get into this, I need to put something out there: I've been really blessed as far as vacations go. I have a great family that loves going on vacations together. It's a great way for us to spend quality time together, which considering where we all are in life is a little tough at times. So if I seem pumped by lame things, get over it, I had fun and that's all that matters. So far we've been on some pretty awesome vacations to Cancun, Hawaii, Puerto Rico recently and we are currently on our latest adventure.

The family and I are in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Here's a picture of where we are staying...

Awesome looking right? The beach is way more populated with palm trees. (They must have taken that picture 10 years ago)

UPDATE: Here's what I'm talking about...



I'm loving the laying on the beach bit, it's great. I get to read a few books, get a tan, jam out to some tunes, how can you not enjoy that?


Here are a few highlights (videos and pictures will be uploaded as soon as I get home and I can do so, consider this an outline of things to come)

Lots of retarded sibling humor:

The infamous Paige "sup vid" Iversen video: This is a look into what it's like being in the same room as Paige for a week...
The Iversen trio "I'll show you 'all-inclusive' liquid diet day" pics
Iversen's recreation of the Trevi fountain in the middle of their fountain

A ridiculous "host of activities" who's entire vocabulary is limited to:

"whooooo ha ah ah ah ah ah" (picture count chocula from the cereal commercials)
"ooo la la"
"woop wooping" like bub rub and lil sis...

I really can't emphasize this enough, literally every song or break in action he does all three of these sounds. He's like a Dominican Energizer bunny.
Vacation Stuff:

banana boats, coconut tossing, spiking volleyballs into little kids faces, teaching the windsurfing instructors how to actually windsurf, sailing, all the joys that come with eating vacation food and then realizing you'll stick to bread and fruit, blah, blah, blah...good times

So that's all for now, I'll randomly be updating this with pics and videos.

Update: I never get tired of this feature on my camera...


A little taste of my week...

THINGS GOING THROUGH MY HEAD RIGHT NOW:
- My job is great, I can't wait to get the courage to quit
- What is your life's footprint going to look like when your 75
- Is the U.S. for me?
- 65 year old women on vacation in DR should really wear tops, and not wear thongs....or two pieces
- Hot woman sitting to my left every day shall have no such limitations (I'm a male, get over it.)
- If life sucks when you are 40, you should move to a beach and open a bar

No comments: