Tuesday, August 26, 2008

NFL Fantasy Files

You know when you see a commercial that you know just isn't humanly possible? Or at least it's got to be so tough that they took 8 million takes of it just to get one good take...

Well these commercials are driving me nuts. Logical explanation would say "none of these are real," I definitely think some of these are.


Check em out:

Chris Chambers - I already put this up, but I would be too lazy to scroll down too, so here you go.




Insane. Not only is it insane, but that is definitely humanly possible. That light goes off in my head that says "hey dude, that is probably doctored by the nerds in the AV dept," but it's definitely humanly possible. REAL

Chris Cooley - This one is awesome. I don't know if it's humanly possible because I don't have an extensive history with dry wall, but I think a football player would be able to punch his fist through it. Whether or not his agent would let him do this and jeopardize his health makes me think this is completely fake.




Can someone with experience with this fill me in? NOT REAL

Jason Campbell - I might put the Redskins on top of the NFC East with all of these unbelievable videos they have of their players.




This is DEFINITELY possible, but is it real here? I would say it's definitely doctored. After both of the balls hit, the ball on the right looks shady as hell. Look at it again and watch the ball on the right. The thing that bothers me about this one is how confident he is about it, like he does this every day at the end of practice to make himself feel better about all of the interceptions he threw to the second team defense. NOT REAL

Marques Colston - Very do-able, but incredibly impressive.




The first catch he does behind his back, I do that stuff all the time. Granted it's not from an automated thrower that's throwing balls at 800 m.p.h. but I would error on the side that most people can catch balls behind their back. The second ball is a completely different story. It's definitely possible for him to catch it. It's also entirely possible that they had a ball go by his hand and then put a frame of him with a ball right afterwards. I don't know, you be the judge. NOT REAL

Lawrence Maroney - Hilarious.



Obviously this is fake, but what an awesome idea. Can you imagine what kind of damage you would do to yourself if you actually tried to do this. I think there's a 50/50 chance you would be in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. NOT REAL

Braylon Edwards - This one is kind of lame.




They put the sound of an automated thrower in the background, but they are really just tossing them to him. Plus you don't even know if that bandanna is see through. Granted this isn't a freaking magic show, they don't need to show you all of this stuff before they do it; still...laaaaaame. This obviously affected my decision to put the Browns below the Steelers. REALLY LAME

Andre Johnson -




This one is obvious. They cut out a small segment while he was running. Unless Andre Johnson ran a 3.2 40 in the middle of that run, it just isn't possible. NOT REAL

Mike Nugent - All of you OSU fans can take pride in this one being the most impressive video.




I suppose they could be pulling cords behind the trash cans to make them all fall over but it looks legit to me. Considering your shitty running game, don't worry Mike Nugent, I did pick you. REAL

David Akers - Totally Legit, I do this with a soccer ball all the time. REAL





Neil Rackers - I'm a little skeptical of this one. NOT REAL




It's possible, yes. If you seriously think I believe Neil Rackers can do this, you are insane. He's like 40 yards out hitting balls off of the uprights...GET OUT OF HERE. No way is this real.

AND THE TOP REASON ALL OF THESE ARE FAKE....DRUM ROLL PLEASE

Chris Simms -




Chris Simms, you can't hit a receiver running down the sideline, let alone a cart driving around the field. Now that I think about it, maybe you have had a lot of time to practice the timing of that considering you lost your job to Jeff Garcia, god your a loser. NOT REAL

No comments: